Tuesday, October 9, 2018

PB2A - Part 1 & 2

Some disciplines that I interesting is Aerospace Engineering, Aeroacoustics, and Astrodynamics. After looking through Penn State Abington's professors, I found a professor that researches Aerospace Engineering, and Astrodynamics. Profesor Okutsu is currently interested in researching astrodynamics and gravity assist. He also designed a number of gravity assist trajectories for NASA's missions. And spent time researching human exploration of Mars.
For starters I find all of these topics equally interesting, due to my love for space and NASA. So picking just one to dedicate time and research in is not a easy pick. As a kid I've always been interested in space exploration, and the laws of gravity. But if I had to pick one I would love to do research in Astrodynamics, just because that is a topic I do not have prior knowledge of, and I love being exposed to new concepts in science. I think it would be a great opportunity for me to get an idea of the different aspects my major of Aerospace Engineering can cover. I would love to dive deeper into my major and personally, Astrodynamics could be the starting point for me. 
Image result for gif space

2 comments:

  1. wow! i have never met anyone interested in aerospace engineering before. it seems like such an interesting topic. i think you could really go far with this. you can go the very scientifically parts where its simply theoretical or you can get to work with actual large pieces of technology and aircraft. im curious to see where you go with this. again, its a very interesting topic that i would love to see you pursue. and it makes money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this major is very interesting for what you have mentioned in your part 2, but could you maybe explain into further detail of what they are, and how do people use these majors? It was noted that you have love for space and NASA as this does inform me that the majors are related to those but I think if you were to explain a little further it would be very beneficial to your project.

    ReplyDelete